Sunday, March 20, 2011

random post... some self-loving. ;)

Wow, that was a really looong hiatus.. I'm gonna try to get more motivation to update.. I actually feel like giving this place a facelift so that I'd feel much more inclined to upkeep the place and write more (:

I decided to break the silence by blogging about a satisfying shopping experience yesterday ^^ got some super cheap deals and well. they look awesome too! ;)

First stop. RUBI SHOES! I've been looking for some close toed flat shoe for some time now... Sports shoes don't go with everything and can be bulky. Everything else I have are boots (yes, i'm afraid of cold most of the time in Aus), a pair of sandals, thongs and clinic shoes.. (oh yes, and a stash of heels that I won't be able to handle except for balls and dinners :P) Usually, I lack confidence in RUBI cos their quality tends to be quite shabby and well, just uncomfortable..but!!! I found these... super casual and cute. also, when i slipped them on... feels amazing!! Soft.. but still supportive (: I hope it's not just first impressions. I hope it feels even better n better upon walking hee.

goes well with jeans eh? also with casual dresses i believe!!

i know you must be like "this is super common... what are you raving on about?!" well, it's $10!!! haha. try to find your size if it's still available.. they've other shoes on sale too. wedges at 15/20. some shoes.. 2 for 25, 2 for 30 (: yea, pardon my cheap thrill. I also bought a pair of pink plastic aviator sunnies (just for $5!!)

And then i went searching for makeup cos I recently watched some Michelle Phan videos and just got soooo excited abt makeup again! hahaah. The thing i'm really lacking is eyeshadow, so I bought these... if you're near Northland Shopping centre in Melbourne. u can go check out this booth that is near KMart, sells cosmetics at warehouse prices!

Rimmel's smoky purple palette and a blue-green palette from Sexy Eyes. both for just $10.
Way better deal than priceline, or chemists, or the super mart!

Haven't tried any of those tho, so no comments for now. I also bought a concealer, skin primer and a brush from Body Shop (: Ahhh.. here comes the exciting bit. I was also very inspired by Michelle Phan's Lancome video about every girl owning a RED lipstick! I always hated how I looked with lipstick, i just cannot phatom HOW ppl carry it off! I've long assumed I couldn't. not at least till I was possibly middle aged! I thought the super bright reds would only be beautiful on super pale skinned women, like Dita Von Teese, or like Marcia Cross from desperate housewives... oh! Or the look Xtina spotted in Burlesque! Yes exactly, it brings out contrast and an awesome burlesque look! This is what brings me to my next topic..

Soo... for people who know me, follow me everywhere, on twitter and facebook. You'd know that my latest obsession is a photo of myself! Now now, before you turn in disgust. Noo... it's not just a random camwhore pic of me... it's me. and a little something extra! To be fair, I didn't even really pose in this photo...

Here it is!!


I was trying to go for the Dita Von Teese look. She's so beautiful!!


Hehe. I felt like some vintage pinup girl it was amazing!
Although, obviously due to my skin colour n race... i turned out more like the below..

Which I think, still looks amazing. 

I think it's actually more amazing how I have people who think I look like the Vintage White movie stars,while some others immediately thought of oriental movie stars! Either way, i'm loving the statement lipstick red cos the vintage beauty look is definitely one that I've always coveted, just never KNEW I could pull off! the lips pop so much, and apparently they make my eyes look huge too!

Sad thing though, I didn't actually BUY this stick, I merely just got this lovely lady at Body Shop to help me try it on.. I'm now itching to go get this colour though... expect my wardrobe to have additions just to match this new look! ahaha. Thoughts? (:

No comments:

Post a Comment