Saturday, June 27, 2009

bakin cookin goodness!

As far as boredom goes, shopping is a good remedy. But baking and cooking is quite a different thing. Just as effective, and potentially cheaper. A lot tastier too. But no good for the triacylglycerides(AM I RIGHT?!) in the adipose tissues. gah. (simply fats!)

So anyways, Mandy, min and I have been planning on baking after exams. 3rd South (where Mandy stays) bought an oven and since SHE doesn't really bake, she figured she could use the help of Qimin and I to make full use of the money she paid for the shared oven. lol.

We went grocery shopping after brunch last Sunday, and I bought a whole buncha ingredients for awesomely cute cookie monster cupcakes. I'd planned on big bird and Elmo as well, but they had no suitable icing and frostings needed.. On that same day, we managed to actually produce them too! Just in time before Gen and Jerilyn left for home (already!)...


Chocolate Muffins Before
Cookie Monster Cupcakes after!
Amazing I know! ;) Thanks to the false fire alarm that went off for the 3rd time that day, we couldn't stick around long enough to realise that the first batch of muffins caved in in our absence!! Which was a terribly devastating ordeal to say the least, cos that meant we didn't have enough "batter" to make enough muffins for everyone, that is including ourselves. SOOOO... we ended up making it for all of our other 12 friends, leaving us with none. Boohoo. We did eat the caved in ones tho, without frostings.. and they were so darn good. So we can only imagine how the cookie monsters really tasted. I absolutely love how there's a mini cookie sticking out of each cupcake! I'm also awesomely thrilled since this finally adds to my collection of baking recipes that I've tried and worked! So watch out for more oreo cheesecake and muffins! (and i'm gonna be trying peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. how awesome?!)
On to some cooking...
Beautiful Boiling Bak Kut Teh :PThe indoor picnic in my room: Bak Kut Teh, Char Kway Teow and Lor Mee.

I cooked the Bak Kut Teh with a bit of help with garlic peeling, can-opening and washing from the girls.. Ana, Ling Chi, Mandy.. Qimin went out so she missed it. I must say it was fantastic! haha. 2nd time cooking it, and this time I added lettuce, mushrooms and quail eggs. Oh my, it was yummy! SLURP!
Peach strudel: Min's masterpiece.
This peach strudel looks professionally-done, except for the slight charring. In fact, it was a very very simple recipe but turned out really great! Min did most part of it, but it's good for all the puff-lovers. (:
That's it for now, I'm planning on the cookies in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment