Wednesday, March 24, 2010

the case of daffney

so apparently, Daphne is indeed a really rare name here! (a tad surprised since there are quite many greeks here, and it originates from Greece). When I called the clinic for an appt today, they accepted my name immediately when i said "Daphne".. a little surprised, but i thought "hey they know!"

I even filled a particulars form when i got there today.. apparently they probably don't even look at it. cos the doc asked me every question that was on the form all over again.. and when I came out with the prescription and looked, my name was freakin "Daffney Tan" OMGOMG. i wanted to burst out in laughter, but thought it quite rude to. But i dunno why i cared, considering i should be the one upset about my name being SO GROSSLY MISSPELLED!

And i was still thinking... wow. they're making me/my parents sound like Daffy Duck/ disney fan or sth. daffney. it looks funny! kiddish and weird. gah. I corrected them, and they updated their database, but i'm left with that name on the prescription..

Worse still, i brought it to the pharmacy, and they added an "i" -- Daffiney. which i just saw just now. Truly speechless!!

I will not entertain any comments that says "Hey, i thought daphne is pretty common!" It is NOT! it is rare and special, and truly rare to the point that the above can happen, here in Oz.. I know it seems pretty common in SG, but it wasn't when i was young.. (had it mispronounced in all sorts of ways by a whole host of ppl) I dunno how many ppl must've given themselves the name too! (i say. not counted!) haha. meh. Yea, i know i'm quite anal when i talk about my name.. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment