Friday, October 16, 2009

some food. n some clothes.


A wave of noodle cravings hit me suddenly on Sunday evening. And I rmbed Ajisen Ramen on Bourke street, did a quick search on the net and found it to be open! yay! I like Ajisen enough back home, so I was rather excited for the Melbourne one. (there are not many great Jap food here..) Or rather, very curious to know if the ramen is the same across nations like it should be. Went with Amanda and Sheng~ (later joined by Jeri, Gen, Joee)


A different menu from Singapore's, with some differences in food selection. But the popular ramens are all present. (Cha Shu, Volcano..etc.) Although, they have limited choices for set lunches, and no set dinners.


The condiments. Garlic powder, pepper, chilli powder, chilli oil, soy sauce


Tori Karaage with salad. Nice salad, had a yummy dressing sauce, not sure what it was though. :S The Karaage was normal.


Kimchi and gyoza.

Could've sworn Sg's side dishes are smaller :P but maybe cheaper. The more generous serving size here is much welcomed though. Gyoza's filling was some kind of vege, no meat if I recall correctly. Nice though, although it wasn't an extremely deep impression it left on me.. And kimchi's not in sg menu yea? Kimchi here was normal, but please stick to Japanese food like you should! (i find restaurants lose their "credibility and authenticity" when they serve some dish that doesn't fit what they boast to sell.. Kimchi = not Jap food?)


Amanda's mushroom ramen~
(don't rmb seeing this in SG. the soup is rather plain, but not in a bad way cos then the mushroom flavour is made obvious. Mushroom lovers will like this obviously! Otherwise, don't take this. mostly vegetarian, and it's really bland if u don't appreciate mild flavours or the mushroom flavour.)



Sheng's seafood deluxe ramen
(Soup's got a very strong miso flavour.. i suppose generous servings of squid and prawns. not sure what else.. But i rmb in sg, the seafood would probably come in more variety.. including hokkaido clams yea?!DROOL!)


My Tom Yam Ramen
(stirred slightly i think, hence lack in presentation. But i'd say it's comparable to Sg's in terms of soup taste. altho, i do find Sg's slightly better.. like a very subtle difference. I feel Sg's got this... special milky twist to the tom yam soup..just slightly more than the one here.. And obviously the variety of seafood lacking, but it's their natural limitation here i guess.. All the same, I finished almost every drop of the soup along with all my noodles and ingredients. The girl has been deprived of good Asian soup noodles in a looong time!)


Stacks of coins. The kind of payment restaurants get when a buncha students visit. Splitting bills are the worst! :P


Gen, Jerilyn and Joee came midway and ordered a fried cuttlefish to share. And Joee had a beef ramen.. but I did not partake in those, I was saving space for dessert (which we had at singapore chom chom haha). So no comments there. Food was pretty cheap I think, reasonable at least.. A range of $5-6 for each of the side dishes we ordered.. and my ramen.. was.. somewhere around 10 +/- 2 I can't rmb! Sheng's deluxe ramen cost a bit more at $16. Missed another chance to try the famous durian gelato at  lygon st. Must go on food hunt soon, hear?

-----------

On the topic of food, gotta thank Manda for buying us these cupcakes last friday~



Cute bag!



And therein lies a cute box!



What lies in that box, is the CUPCAKES!! How cute are they?!
Had the heart one ^^ My fascination.

-------------------------------------------------

Enough with food, now I'm gonna give a gallery of some shirts/sweaters I recently obtained/ wore.


A very tired looking me. After clinic observation.

(mannish too thanks to the very oversized uniform. that's a size 10. too big for me. but their smallest is only 8. still too big i imagine. oh well. Clinic was alright. Wasn't as bad as I thought, the seniors were pretty nice. Also caught up with some poddies: James and James haha. Heidi, Lin.. and saw Yang Ming too, and Rob Thorogood.. some ppl we know of but haven't talked to yet. But not very productive use of 3 hours, cos... not much to observe in the end.. just had one patient and pretty standard stuff. Will start on the reflective assignment soon..)


closeup.


A redeeming photo. in a free Glenn college polo tee!


Closeup. The crest of Glenn College is actually really majestic looking isn't it.


Front design of Glenn internationals hoodie sweater (not the best, but oh well!)


The southern cross at the back, and "Daph"! I love it just cos it's got my name on it. My FIRST ever personalised piece of clothing. How deprived. haha. yay!

That's all folks! 2 posts in a night to make up for the rather long absence.. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment