Sunday, July 12, 2009

rantrant.

promised to rant about krisworld last post, so i shall now.

There's been an obvious drop in standards in the SQ inflight entertainment! Air travel has always been quite bad for me. I like travelling, but i hate the journey. mostly cos i hate long long plane flights where i have nothing to do. Then i found SIA!

I remember a few years back taking SQ to Gold Coast, and I was dreading the journey as usual. but the inflight entertainment had tons of selection for songs/movies/tv programmes. kept me at my seat.. entertained.. and satisfied. and before i knew it, I was in Aus! I always remember that feeling I got.. and I wasn't disappointed in Feb this year too when I took the plane to Melb. But omigosh. it was horrid!!!!! (to say the least) when we came back. I'm sure Amanda and Qimin can testify to this too.

First of all, the krisworld thing kept hanging. and image kept skipping. I heard similar complaints from the passengers sitting behind me too.. thinking that it was just initial bumps, i just paid no mind and waited. but it never got better. A while later, I managed to get into krisworld menu, but even though there's a choice of movie we get, it doesn't play on demand... so we've already missed at least 20mins of the start just cos the system wasn't displaying previously. Not to mention, there wasn't much choice at all. And we were largely bored...

TV programmes. there was a menu with several programmes... a guise that we actually had a choice. I selected "My name is Earl" and it's playing some other show which I've no clue what it was. Proceeded to select some other show, and it didn't work too. Basically, the shows kept playing in a certain order, whether or not you like it. If you missed it, then aww too bad. rah.

So maybe we could rely on some good ol' music? When i flew to melb in feb, i rmb being able to select my fav songs and putting them on a playlist and listen to them like my own personal player. Well, that function was definitely non-existent. Amanda and I were both disappointed cos we have been telling Qimin that she missed out that awesome function and she didn't have to load her ipod with new songs! Well, lucky she did. so she still had her ipod of songs. To be fair, the audio wasn't TOOO bad. but i was never a fan of fixed playlists/radio selections on board.

overall, variety was horrible. and the system kept screwing up. Now I don't rightly know if the fault lies with the aircraft, the particular flight or the programming... but I definitely rmb it being way better before. And i can only imagine why.. (a change of production perhaps?) I just hope SQ realises how impt quality is.

1 comment:

  1. ahaha. i'm just glad you used SQ instead of SIA. would've been quite sad.

    anyway, the one you experienced is the older version of krisworld la. the original one rather. the one with on-demand and other infinitely better features is the newer version. and i believe SQ's upgrading them currently anyway la. so...yeah. still way better than other airlines imo.

    - jz

    ReplyDelete