Thursday, September 24, 2009

being a fangirl/ holiday plans/ ISA ball/ Wet lab session

Are you a fan of Hugh Jackman? You should be! Haha. Random question, I know.. Min posted a video of Hugh and Daniel (Henney) on a Korean variety show (Gold Miss is coming). It was part 2 of a series of 4 videos, and I went to watch the entire clip, and found part 3 to be my favourite :P

NOT for the faint-hearted obviously, I argued it was crazy to put both Daniel and Hugh in one film, are they trying to make girls hyperventilate?? lol. Anyway, I love this vid because the Korean girl Bong Sun is such a funny character, I love how she dares to put herself out there and you gotta admit, those are some smoooooth dance moves!




Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did lol. I also happened to watch Hugh Jackman's opening number when he hosted the Oscars, that was awesome too! How not to love him?! And to think I am now residing in his home country, I can't help but imagine how he must've grown up and the culture he was brought up in. Perhaps Syd and Melb are slightly different, but still, essentially Australian. I can't help but also look around to see if I've missed seeing any potential Hughs around me lol. *shrugs* i'll never know.

Adding to Hugh fangirl mode, I've also been having a bout of beatlemania in my room, watching two of their films "Hard Days Night" and "Help!". Geez. the boys are all really cute. I love Ringo!! Ahem. Their soundtracks are all provided by themselves of course, so I got to hear my songs. Still mostly love songs though, gonna venture into their later works which I read are darker. No surprise, since it should correspond with the dynamics and mood of the band as they matured, especially leading on to their breakup. 

-------------------------------------------------

The draft exam timetable is out, 13th Nov is my last day. that's really early. And Jia's probably coming to visit me. Make that HE IS. unless he procrastinates and somehow is not coming anymore. lol. in which case, he'd get slaughtered by me when i get back to sg. (after all that researching on flights and accomodation in syd and gold coast!!) Yea, he'll probably come a few days after my exams end and we'll be going to Gold coast, sydney and also bring him around Melbourne before heading back home. Need time to pack too.. phew~ what a load of mess in my mind right now. Wanna settle this by tmr, including my flight tix for home and back. This travel snob (me) is gonna fly SQ again. I insist.

-------------------------------------------------

The ISA ball went pretty alright! It was nice to have so many friends together at a ball. As usual, it was fun dressing up and helping others doll up too (: Altho that resulted in quite a mess, since my room was the centre of activity again. XP After loads of dress and shoes-swapping and fitting, we finally decided on our outfits. Helped a few girls with makeup and hair.

The food wasn't fantastic, but the company made up for it. And I managed to get quite a few good pics of myself, happy!


The menu


The best presented dish. Dessert: Chocolate mousse!


5 daph(c) masked ladies. (i.e. masks made by me lol)


Without mask. Rachel, Daphne, Qimin, Ling Chi, Amanda.


Unfortunately we do not have a full table photo.


Qimin and me.


Me and Mandy~


Right, Center, Left. :D Me, Sheng, Ana.


Gf and I~ One of my fav photos!! love!

For more glamorous and gorgeous ppl, please check out my photo album on facebook lol. the link is meant to be public, so tell me if it doesn't work for you.

Lastly, I just gotta be vain and post 2 more photos of myself :P


Towards end of night..


Love my nails and accessories! Like how I put it together? :D
The Anna Sui Rouge Ring is from Mag jie~

------------------------------------

Oh yea, had my first wet lab session yesterday. Meaning seeing cadavers, mostly cut to see the spinal cord. Was a little creepy obviously, it'd be quite scary finding it natural the first time... The smell was alright for me, just.. the idea and the first sight, got me a little wobbly in the legs. We took it slow though, so I did not get to see any heads, I think that'd reallly freak me out, not to mention completely destroying my appetite. In fact, my appetite was slightly disturbed yesterday. Just any form of meat seemed.. too familiar.

Thinking how these people agreed to donate their bodies for the sake of our study like that, that's really quite something. How many people would?! They get my respect, cos what do they get out of it anyway? Rather selfless.. and.. I just feel like we ought to always treat these preserved cadavers with dignity somehow. Alright, better not relive this memory too much before dinner again..

No comments:

Post a Comment