Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's spring~

Spring is in the air! Or was. haha. This morning I woke up to jolly people in shorts on the floor. haha myself included.

When I got out to get donuts with Amanda, the sun was up, cool breeze.. and lots of people laying out on the lawn! Nice nice. didn't bring my camera along tho, so no photos. Came back and had meetings for uni work. And it began pouring!! Thunder and the works too. Melbourne seriously has the strangest weather ever. But the rain was gone in a bit.. just that, it's still pretty cold right now. And I thought we could not worry so much about the cold tonight *if* we were going to the bar. Ah well. We'll see about that!

Anyways, I promised some photos of my uni the last post. I've got just 3 over here.. I didn't get one of the health sciences building tho. which are a bit further away from college.. but uni is small, definitely smaller than the unis back home. (NUS, NTU..) cos well, i suppose they have more unis here, so they don't have to be that big.

On the short bridge over the moat. That building is Glenn College. Where I stay.
That's just a tiny pond tucked in Simpson lawn.
This lawn is in front of Glenn (across the moat).
There are ducks, and sometimes swans.
That's the Agora, which is where all the eateries and shops are.
Just a quadrangle at the center of uni..
And that's all I have for you now haha. I can't grab good enough pictures to let you have a good idea of the entire place. Let me figure that out. Maybe I'll do a video clip (or a series) on a quiet weekend to show you a tour haha. Those photos were taken on Sunday, it was open house so it's so busy! Usually, it's dead quiet in the weekends and at night.

------------------------------------
So anyways, I went to remove my acrylic nails yesterday. This shop was pretty cheap. They did the soak off, and filed it with the burs (reminds me of dentistry really) and also shaped and buffed my nails. Then they applied a layer of nailtek for me to help strengthen it. All for $20. They're called ProfessioNAIL if you all wanna try it out- they recently had a price restructuring (cheaper). My only complaint is that the girl was in a rush and was a bit rough while shaping and cutting. :S And they should probably be more organised with their appointments/walk-in system. lol. i'm picky cos i've been at the other end of this service. ha.

After that I went to priceline and found some nailart stickers. Not quite like the ones I wanted (which are from Japan and duh that means uber pretty and good quality), but still you can't ask for much here. haha. and I got this edgy stick on nails with argyle printed tips. I LOVE ARGYLE PRINT. (which reminds me I should totally blog about argyles in my fashion blog. ha) When I do all those, I'll definitely upload some photos haha. Meanwhile, I did some "nail art" for amanda and myself on the toes. hehe. (I wish I had those nail art pens so i can DRAW as well?)

That's my toes. with flash. It's a powder pink base. I just put
sparkly studs and stars on it. Wanted it to be more punk-style tho. XP
That's Amanda's. More princessy. Snowflakes and stars on the big toe, with crowns at cuticles for the rest.
Personally, I hope I can do better next time. ha. But i'm glad Mandy liked it! :D

I bought some cool stuff from Body Shop as well, will probably blog that in Zitch-That instead. And then I found some really cheap yarn from Kmart!! Super super nice texture as well. And i'm really excited. Gonna knit some door handle covers. Cos I'm constantly suffering from mini electric shocks from the static build up somehow? When I touch the door knob/handle. it's like ARGH!! Ha. So I'll do a few, for all my lovely friends hehe. Also, I've been so inspired to get online to find knit patterns that I could possibly play around with and get started on a simple project on my own!! I've been knitting under the guidance of Emy (my knit teacher) so far.. and since she's not here, I gotta rely on myself. ha. Saw some pretty interesting stuff indeed! Quite exciting ;)

------------------------------
A bunch of us had a mini outing to Maccas last night. I had a M&M's McFlurry and a Medium fries. I dunno what to say. CRrraaapp?! haha. that is on top of dinner, mind you. Sighh.. I'm gonna have to eat less. Force myself into an exercise regime. And NOT drink beer.  (which I've stopped for a while now) I don't want a beer belly. NOoooo. And I gotta drink more water, sleep more. Keep my metabolism at its peak. HA!
--------------------------
Lastly, Thanks to Kerry who alerted to me that today is.... DORAEMON'S BIRTHDAY! haha. Check out Google's Japan homepage. Their google logo features Doraemon. hhe. And I found this photo in tribute to him too.
Those are some mighty Doraemon fans!
Or actually, one might Doreamon fan with 3 cute (albeit 'tortured') kitties.
Photo credits to Eunice from http://travelerfolio.com/ (Cool travel photo blog)
Anyway, I believe it's Doraemon's.. 39th birthday? Correct me if i'm wrong. But HAPPY BIRTHDAY! To the wonder bot kitty with awesome gadgets that we wished were real! My guess is there'd be a big celebration on his 40th..

No comments:

Post a Comment