Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A smashing start to holidays.

And so the holidays started... Saturday was a smashing opening I suppose :P Me, Ana and Amanda went to the city to get our fix of Harajuku crepes. Yummy!! Then we shopped around and finally had dinner. Let's do the chronological thing!


Me on the bus..


Happy just listening to my music with my pretty earphones :P


Really in a mood to camwhore. These lenses are Geo Angel Blues (if anyone's curious..)

First stop, melbourne central... and it was almost straight to Harajuku crepes! We were soo hungry, haven't had our lunch. Their menu was so drool-worthy that we sat inside and had 2 each! It was also raining and freezing outside, so we hardly wanted to leave!! I had the chicken pizza crepe (savoury) and the Cold Custard and ice cream crepe (cold). Besides the savoury and cold crepes, there are also hot sweet ones and deluxe (think cheesecakes/brownies stuffed inside) ones!



Us happily having our crepes!


My chicken pizza crepe


Cold custard and ice cream crepe

After crepe lunch, we went off to shop around melbourne central. then went to little bourke to find a crumpler specialty shop, where Amanda bought a bag for her bro. I never really took to Crumplers, what with almost every other person donning one back home. But I saw this photo album sititng at the counter and flipped through it... some super cool designs there! The sales guy then told me they were custom made!! That really interested me, gee!! If i ever got a crumpler, I'd definitely get one that is unique to myself. Preferably designed by me too.. ooh yay! The guy gave us a tiny box of crumpler matches before we left, really really tiny! (length's about the diameter of 10c in SG and 5c in AUS) But they work, and we were warned not to burn ourselves lol. cute!

Continued wandering, walking.. and went into Target. We kinda went into a swimsuit frenzy, those at ripcurl, billabong and sea folly were too exp. Haha. The designs were not as nice, but more budget-friendly of course. And I really just wanted practical swimsuit for me to swim in.. figured I wanna swim too!(on top of gym) :D Got a tankini (like finally!) and swim shorts. The other 2 were way too picky so they didn't manage to get anything. We then headed off towards the restaurant that we thought had hotpot (our initial plans!) to meet with Jeri, Vanessa, Gen, Sharon. Alas, there wasn't hotpot there and we walked off to china town to find and nope, no luck. In the end, we just went into a Chinese restaurant selling Hunan(if i'm not wrong) dishes, it was pretty good :D

After dinner, went off to the Asian mart to do some shopping. Whee, happy!


My haul! Vitasoy, Poifull jellybeans, Amond paste, bean biscuit sticks, Tao Kae Noi seaweed snack and Nissin Instant Ramen. w00t!!

Happy to find all these yummy food that i haven't had in a while. Hope the almond paste is any good.. haha. Bought the vitasoy for the days I can't be bothered to eat Glenn breakfast. Reminds me of the early days at IFP riverwalk where I'll grab vitasoy or milo to drink for breakfast everyday. heh. Also reminds me of gege :D

Oh yes, before I end the part on Saturday,gotta show u the crazy fashion I showed off in the city today. Wore my bambi tunic as seen in above photos with ... GOLD LEGGINGS!


Blingbling! Some Asian guys were like staring and pointing on the streets. how rude.

Lol, James saw my tights before I left and was like all "Those are AWESOME TIGHTS!! Never seen anyone wearing golden tights! Where'd u get them? They're golden!!!" Funny as. I thought they actually looked pretty good. So nayy to all u haters.

Yupyup, sunday was a break for me. A bunch of them went to Royal Melbourne show, it's really like a big fun fair with rides and also lots of animals on display.. Too bad I missed it ): What i REALLY missed tho, is the $10 croc deals!! WHAT ON EARTH?! Min bought a pair of crocs slippers(thongs) at just $10!! I rmb gf's croc slippers are so comfy, and I'd have definitely bought them if I saw them. but i didn't go...gah.

And then Monday.. I went to Footscray with Gen, Jerilyn, Rachel, Kerry, Sharon to do rock climbing! w00ts!! I don't have any photos, gotta grab some from the others when they finally upload it lol. (could take a while..) Happy cos I managed to reach one peak at least.  A lot of the walls were so hard! I get stuck halfway and don't know how to get up anymore haha. Managed to get up to certain heights at least. But there were so many walls there, it was fun (:  My forearm is seriously cramping now tho, not fun at all. And apparently I also banged my knees many many times. Resulting in this...


Horrid horrid bruised knees. gah. Check out the left one!

Well, living with the pain right now. Hope it all goes well soon, so i can resume my gym :S Ache ache ache! Also, climbing shoes are such bitches!! I chose to hire them cos they somehow make it easier to climb, compressing the feet and forcing ur toes to point. But it got so bad after climbing a few walls, I thought my 2nd toe on each foot was going to break. I remember thinking "What on earth is a podiatrist like me doing to my own feet?!" Pretty sure it's BAD... no, beyond BAD for the feet. And i was thinking we should totally extend our services to climbing gyms and climbers next time. -nods-

After hours of climbing, went to a Korean-Chinese restaurant on Victoria rd (Haan Guuk Guan). Bbq meat at half price on Mondays!! Super awesome. We ended up with a really cheap meal.. about $8 each for the rest? And $12 for me cos i shared a Dau Bhuk Gee (spicy rice cake) with ana and kerry. still cheap tho, for the amount of food we had. The waiter was seriously impressed, or should i say horrified by how much we could eat. Cos we finished what looked like an over-order. And we also grabbed lots and lots of side dishes (free refills), i won't be surprised if it was like 40+ plates of them.. he thought we wouldn't finish but we did!! he was mumbling "how did u finish?!?" when he collected the plates lol! amazing.. :P

Very satisfying meal, and we all had plans to return, but we're afraid we might be banned :S Ahhh. Korean food FTW! :D I shall leave my Japanese food urge to Singapore. cos i haven't found good ones here yet hah. Shall sign off now~ workworkwork time!

1 comment:

  1. haha~ur golden legging looks really nice!!!!
    it is so special!!^^

    ReplyDelete