Wednesday, September 16, 2009

my recent masterpieces.

very proud to present to you all my latest pieces of artwork.. heh. hear hear!! :D

The story starts here... the international student association (ISA) in La Trobe is having a ball this Saturday at the eagle bar. 5-course meal and free flow drinks for $35. And a night of fun with all my international friends! (of course, we'll get to meet new ppl too) But yes, i expect it'll be fun! A whole bunch of us Glennies are going! So, lets take a close look at the ticket..
Doubt you can read the fine words well, but yes.. the last line sums it up, it's a tribal masquerade!! Well, it's not compulsory for tribal, but i think i'll take a stab at being tribal :D and obviously, we need a mask!!
Amanda and I ventured out to Northland 2 days ago to find our mask. But couldn't find one! Well, we found this shop that sold these really elaborate and beautiful masks but they were like.. $30?! It was pretty steep.. Earlier I'd also wanted to get this headband from diva that had feather features, but it was pricey and it dawned on me i could just get a plain headband and DIY myself :P So i said "i wonder if we can get feathers..." And amanda had a brilliant idea that there was a craft shop nearby. We hopped in and there were packs of turkey feathers lol. and lots of crafty stuff.. so we bought our materials..
All the materials used.
The plain mask, most important.
Coloured honeycomb mesh (suggested by Amanda, which was totally inspiring!) and tape.
Red, gold, silver round sequins and silver diamond sequins!
Turkey feathers in white, pen knife, scissors and craft glue.
I somehow could imagine what colours to use.. but no concrete plans. The colours and style is very me. a bit bling and glam lol :P I'm so happy with how they turned out, just let the creative juices flow... impressed! wahaha. Well, my virgin masquerade! Of course, u'd like to go in a big way :P So anyways, in the last 2 nights, i've churned out 4 masks! I went according to their outfits.. and there's one for me, amanda, qimin and rachel. One left to do, that's for ling gf.. gave one plain mask to ana to let her do her thing haha. since i got rachel and ling to go, and didn't tell them it's a masquerade, decided to do for them wahaha. i was also admittedly quite addicted and curious what else could come out of me.. whee~
My first creation! Qimin's. Super glam, assymetrical design.
Right eye.
Left eye ++
--------------------------
Cool Blue theme for Amanda.
Closeup.
Feather feature.
------------------------
Mine! Really hard to work with the feathers.
Lots of obtrusive stalks to hide. haha.
Mine's like the plainest, but very feathery.
------------------------
Did this last night. Went with red but not overly so, since Rachel'll be wearing my red dress. Minimised on the mesh. (:
Yep, that's it! Comments please? :D Waiting for Ling to decide what to wear, then i'll do hers. can't wait! Gonna trademark all my masks. wahaha.

2 comments:

  1. Good job... They all looked profesional-made.
    Perhaps with a lil bit more colour would be better cuz all of them looks the same at the nose part.
    *thumbs-up*

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha sheng thankuuuu! :D

    i didn't wanna do too much to nose in case that's all ppl start staring at.. hahaa :D

    ReplyDelete