Thursday, August 27, 2009

i should be a panadol spokesperson.

Once again plagued by my period cramps. ): T'was pretty bad today. And I tried to sleep it off, but I woke up barely half an hour into my sleep and had to consciously deal with it instead. Pulled myself up and decided to be more constructive. Made myself a late lunch (was really instant noodles). Then it got so painful that I decided I'll pop another panadol in.

Now in my recent trip back to Singapore, I bought a pack of panadol actifast. I remember staring at the rack of pills and thinking, now now which ones should I get? Panadol adult/ panadol cold is always available at home, and I never realised they were not really that cheap. In fact, I also never realised they had that many TYPES of panadol. What I recall now is Normal panadol, panadol cold, panadol EXTRA, panadol menstrual, panadol (cold sachets) for dissolving in liquids and panadol actifast. I thought long and hard, and decided that I should give actifast a try. Considering usually i feel the painkiller effect always takes place a little too late. (i.e. when i'm already rolling in cold sweat on my bed, or worst somewhere else), I thought maybe this would be the most effective. Oh yes, I've tried menstrual, extra and normal for it.. and my verdict is none works better than actifast.

Actifast comes a bit more expensive than the normal ranges as there are less pills per box as well. However, my feeling is, after consuming a few times, that the effect really comes much faster than the other varieties. Before, I had to anticipate the pain and pop pills before the pain even occurs, that usually resulted in many "false alarms" and me taking way too many panadols than i really should've. (which is by common sense, not good at all) So this is good, cos it worked pretty fast to stop the cramping today even though it'd already started. This is good since I got to be much more productive, way better than having to lie in bed all day.

Of course, it is NOT within my advice for everyone to start relying on painkilling products for all kinds of pain. Let me just say mine can be of the extreme sort, and I do try not to take pills unless necessary. But yes, I'm just more unlucky, and perhaps less healthy (?) to have this problem.. and somehow all other remedies seem to work on a very random basis. And i guess another disclaimer would be, I don't take painkillers for most other ailments. in fact, i don't recall having any other kinds of physical pain that require me to resort to pills. o.O But yea, I'm no stranger to panadol. And I think I should be some kinda amabassador to endorse their products lol!

If you have similar problems, u can share remedies or ask questions. Heating packs usually work too. And I take evening primrose oil..

No comments:

Post a Comment