Tuesday, August 25, 2009

short update turned this-and-thats

Another short update. ha. [edit] it won't be as short as i expected lol [/edit] At least they're more frequent. Today I got visitors from Australia, Singapore, Mexico, Thailand, Philippines, US and Malaysia. Ooh~ Why hello there! Even though I still haven't quite figured out how they got here.. and nobody's doing my polls nor commenting. humph. haha.

Anyways, I'm happy enough for visitors. Thanks also to Yietze for her plug in one of her latest post about sesame street inspired accessories. I baked some cookie monster cupcakes a few months back.

In quite a chirpy mood now 'cos I have finally printed the final copy of my team's Bio enquiry. Glad to have been of good help and it felt really satisfying compiling everything (: It helps too, of course, when I have helpful teammates who are always available to help me. Makes the work so much easier!
Also watched another Scorsese film: Taxi Driver. (you can find it on youtube.) It's a very slow-paced movie, rather psychotic as well. But that's its charm. Robert Deniro was still so young then, and I think he actually looked a bit like Milo Ventimiglia at certain angles. Deniro proves to be such a crazy good actor.. Scorsese himself appears in this film, and in a scene which I find quite poignant as he was acting and yet still "directing" DeNiro, or his character to be more exact. I can start on my essay real soon!

And what i wanted to blog about initially. which would have made this truly a short update... we had floor dinner today! I don't really have grp pictures. just me in my outfit. XP The photos of ppl and food are on someone else's cam. Will do that update another time.

I'm looking quite chubby in the face here. haha. n my boots were cut, but they weren't really fabulous anyway :P That bag is a black "lil boxy" purchased from http://ownabag.blogspot.com/ Min liked it (: Had another coat on when we got out cos the winds are real strong today and it was cold! We had emails from the school warning us about the Victorian winds today and asking people to be safe and try to stay indoors. So instead of taking the trams, we had people drive us out in groups. Luckily we had enough cars and drivers to go around our floor. :D Thanks Ben! There were also warnings on electricity disturbances, but that didn't happen here. I'm thinking the internet connection got a bit choppy just before this though..

Oh! Got my two "parcels" today, one expected (bought stuff for someone's surprise haha) and another that I didn't expect... why? Cos it's about.. 4 months late! My dad sent me this security suite CD in April and we thought it was lost to the world somehow, somewhere.. and I got it.. today?! ahaha.
The stamps involved. It's normal mail.
"21 APR 2009" wow.

Just stamps from my other parcel. What a plethora. Got it registered after thinking I'd lost that CD forever. Recommend registering all parcels to Australia if u want it to be reasonably fast.. (even then, within a week or slightly longer maybe?)

that's it. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment