Monday, August 24, 2009

Vanity vanity.

I've been checking my nuffnang analytics religiously cos I'm always curious who reads my blog. Most of my readers come from Singapore, and then some from Australia. Once in a while, I'd get UK readers or US readers, which I can kinda understand since I do have friends that could possibly be reading from these places. The last 2 days tho, I've got visitors from Canada, U.A.E, Philippines and Colombia! I wonder how and why. I'm thinking it's cos i blogged abt Miss Universe a few posts back? But there were no keywords or referrals logged to suggest how they got here. But anyway, it's interesting (: Hello all!

So last thurs, I went to Eagle bar despite swearing not to the previous week. Ana somehow manages to work her charm on me every thursday night! Haha.. I bought a Marilyn Monroe poster that day and Amanda and i were just looking at the poster then I mentioned I brought a pair of falsies from SG that are longer at the ends, so they look like Monroe's lashes!


She got all excited (and so did I) and so we decided to finally put them to work! haha. So yea, Amanda came along to the bar cos I painstakingly helped her with her lashes and she just loves the dolly eyes. Qimin did the preliminary makeup, then I did the gluing and then touching up plus more lining of the eye and the works! Unfortunately her lids seem to fold unevenly and so one side looked more curly than the other, but still it looked great (: I put the Marilyn pair on, but perhaps my lids did not take to the glue so well, it came off in no time. Annoyed. haha. Beatrice tells me of "Duo" and in black. Well, hopefully that'd work on me. ha. If not I've a good mind to pass these on to Amanda cos her falsies stayed on all night! They love her! haha. Ana insists she's jealous but we say, Shush girl! You've naturally long and curly lashes! haha.

A closeup of her curly lashes. Me and Mandy before heading out. (not v obvious)
Camwhored even in the loo @ bar. Look at the colour difference! As amanda would point out... In enlarged form, the lashes are pretty darn obvious.
Us 3 again. Love~
See Mandy. Best Angle to capture those lashies.


Jialin and I.. grey and purple eyes.

Dance circle: Eugene, Ana, me, manda and Beatrice

Glennies!

So last saturday, I went with Mandy to have pancake parlour lunch @ Northland. (might have photos soon) Initial plan was to grocery-shop. But that kinda failed cos we were lured into nail shops --" We got so caught up with the idea of acryllic nails (just curious. have u done those before??) I really wanted to do those with 3d nail art, with all the ribbons, lace, crystals and fluff. But mainly on the thumb cos it's a bit extreme for uni lol. But sadly, it's not the trend here so I couldn't do that haha.

Mandy got to do her Acrylic french with silver lining. I like hers. really classic and nice. I left my design largely to the guy.. but i chose transclucent tips.. which um.. turns out, reveals my natural nails underneath. HAHA. but Mandy likes mine. and so did the other customers next to me. they were like stealing glances. or actually blatantly staring and one of them even asked to take a closer look. The guy doing my nails seemed impressed with himself too lol.

W/o flash and with flash.

Mandy's classic and lovely nails.

Verdict after.. 3 days? First of all, I obviously wondered how I was gonna take out my lenses that day. I managed to, after a fair bit of effort. But I'm not putting on my lenses for this week I think... just cos of these nails. And the length is also impeding my using of the touch screen phone as well as this keyboard on my lappie. But ur "nails" are much stronger so I suppose u can um, use them for more tasks? Altho they can be a bit too big/thick for other more detailed tasks u could do before that u now cannot. I guess a good thing is the pattern doesn't get scratched off as the acrylic and gel is layered on top of the nail art paint.

I wouldn't continue having them tho, I plan to soak them off soon enough. When I feel they've lived their worth haha. And I won't do them again in the near future cos i think i'd rather have healthy natural nails. BUT, I'd do acrylic/gel again if I get to do all those fancy 3D designs popularised by jPop stars like Ayumi haha. possibly back in sg.. or maybe HK?? :P Feel like travelling.. maybe before going back SG? or just during SG trip home..

Managed to scramble for some items at Safeway before taking the bus back. Didn't finish my shopping list. But I managed to get my facial tissues, mints, and ...

Chewable Vitamin C! haha. didn't realise it said "cold relief" on it, but i think it just means that is one of its benefits. which is good since i've such a sensitive nose and all..

Still in want of my kimchi noodles and the yummy maggi cup noodles in "Mushroom and peppered steak" flavour. Maggi has proven its worth to me once again after that many years. I want more fruits but I've no fridge to keep them.. yet I'm not eating them vehemently cos I'm testing out the hypothesis that having fruits after a meal or in close proximity to a meal will cause bloating and like un-smooth digestion. I seem to bloat less. But this requires further experimentation haha. Anyway, Mandy is free tmr and agreed to go shop groceries for me, hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment