Friday, August 14, 2009

Interesting stuff from other blogs.

Hello all. Been surfing a few blogs lately (mostly Singapore blogs that seem to be nominated for some kinda blog award) and there's just some stuff I saw. Well, not only from blogs, but also just webbies in general.
Well let's start with an interesting "fact" I read from here. I have lost the exact post I read it on, but according to her friend (or someone she quoted), there is actually a significant number of couples who file for divorce due to sexual incompatibility, in Singapore! Now that surprised me. I don't know.. for a country where statistics for frequency of sex rank among one of the lowest in the world, I had not realised it'd matter enough for people to just file for divorce over it (sex)! This brings us back to the question of whether one should "test-drive" (oh i actually dislike this term..) in the sex aspect before marriage, this is still a very much contested debate in a place like Singapore.. I don't know if it's just the environment I've been brought up in, but I do know that a majority of people I know still believe in sex after marriage. (this however is a "decreasing trend" as age increases lol) So.. I'm wondering. If it does happen that after marriage, these people realise that there is an absolute lack of chemistry in the bedroom, what would they do? Divorce, really?! I'm not sure, since I lack the experience of course, but isn't this a problem that perhaps two can work out together? Surely there's a way to improve the situation, especially when the two are in love?! (i'm assuming they are.. if not why are u married?) Not that I would know really well, but I'd imagine that if you love your spouse (and have promised to go through thick or thin, pledged love and promised to spend the rest of your life together blahblah), you're going to be eager to please him/her. Wouldn't that equate to greater pleasure necessarily? I'm sure two people who are willing to give to each other will definitely call for greater results? Especially when this probably ups the emotional factor, which is also important isn't it? Ahh, but I could be so wrong. Izzy Stevens and George O'Malley were so in love, but they couldn't make it in bed. Remember that? *shrugs* With all that said however, I wouldn't say I'm supporting either sex before or after marriage. Cos well, honestly I really don't know. I suppose this decision lies in the individual, and seriously, people's beliefs change all the time, moulded by experience and well, life! Just as long as they know and are sure of what they're doing, then I don't think others should judge. But oh yes, this "fact" (that significant number of couples divorcing due to bad sex) is not backed by any statistics. However, apparently it's a fact that couples cannot legally get a divorce by citing sexual incompatbiliy as a reason in Singapore. You have to go through the 3 or 4-year separation before divorce is final. Now that's quite tricky..

I'm gonna totally jump very abruptly to the next topic now by showing you a link to this pic! (I got this while reading the same author's blog as well) Actually you can browse the entire album and see the much coveted (not sure about now..?) Prince William and how his genes have done him in :S Basically he has premature balding. he's only 27, the poor guy. it's pretty bad honestly.. and I don't know.. it's one thing to start balding when you get old (like 40s to 50s? altho i prefer if they don't at all), but another to have such a young (and arguably handsome) face and have no hair. it's sad yea? To his credit of course, he's still a capable and well-respected prince. But this is not really a personal dig at him, more like.. in general, guys who bald prematurely as early as their 20s! I don't believe many girls will accept this.. or is being rich able to hide this for most? On this topic, I'm rather relieved for my brother.. XP i'm thinking he most probably will NOT have this problem. i have asked both my parents about their dads and it seems neither of them have hair problems.. and my dad... still has quite a bit of his hair. i see a very mild baldspot.. but it's really NOT one when u compare it to those "male pattern balding" charts in clinics or elsewhere. i can only say "phew~" cos if i have a son, i hope my side of the genes is strong enough. :S or better yet if i can find a guy who also has good hair genes lol. but i can't exactly assess the guys i meet solely on this i suppose. more unlikely cos it's me, and i am too much of a romantic (read NOT very practical..) in the "relationships" aspect.

wanted to blog about Miss Universe as well, but ahh.. i'm tired. guess all I wanted to say was.. the youtube vids I saw.. the girls aren't really all that pretty. And actually i think Miss singapore is not too bad. Oh yes, i rmb now! it all started when i saw this link to national costume competition on sg.msn.com (my homepage).. http://entertainment.sg.msn.com/photos/photos.aspx?cp-documentid=3524234&page=1

You can click for an album of several national costumes. I personally don't understand Miss USA's costume at all. I just go "uhhhh..." but really, i don't think they've got any better symbols for themselves anyway. USA... well. they're just.. USA. what can i say?! nothing great, but they're not a bad country. (ahh.. but americans will surely fume at me saying nothing great) but really, USA has their fair share of goods and bads. I don't even wanna start on listing all the Bads too. oh right, i'm deviating again... I wanted to show the Singapore national costume. Such a pretty orchid dress.
There's Rachel Kum, Miss SG 2009 in the SG dress! gotten from straitstimes.com
I saw 5 designs for the national costume and I know there was voting, but i forgot about it and didn't cast my vote. The above dress with all the night view.. that's the one i would've voted. (from beautyinpageant.blogspot.com) it's got both vanda miss joaquim (the whole garden city theme as well) but so REAL. cos i think SG is a lot about the CBD (shopping, tourism, being a business/commercial hub..) yea. but still, the final dress is pretty. (:

I guess these things always gets argued. such a subjective thing. Take a look at Australia's..

This dress is called "Sunset over the opera house"... much debated as to whether it captures the essence of Australia as well. I personally don't fancy it much, but this is again open to discussion. Australia's evening gown though, is gorgeousssss. and Miss Aus is one of the prettiest in the entire competition I must admit!

Alright. now really.. bedtime!! Got real smashed last night... and feel like i've been bashed up pretty badly. oof. i've got some photos from yesterday. and once i get my hands on some more bar photos, i'll post them. Also, a belated shoutout to Joee. Happy Birthday sweet~ :D I've photos from our bday surprise to him as well.. some. will post those too. night all~

No comments:

Post a Comment